hashcat Forum

Full Version: Word generation to test cracking speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to (in windows) to generate/simulate a word list on your syntax to see if you would crack a known hash. I use my own generated md5 hashes then try and crack them. All is ok until i get to 8 mixed char and above example K3v1n$@g . My syntax for this is
hashcat64.exe -a 3 --session=2018-10-291 -m 0 -w 3 --force --status --status-timer=60 --potfile-disable --remove -p : -O  --gpu-temp-abort=85 -o "C:\Users\Kevo\Desktop\hashes\Cracked\md5 3.txt" --outfile-format=2 -t 60 -i --increment-min=8 --increment-max=8 -1 ?a "C:\Users\Kevo\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp7BBE.tmp" ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
Time to run is 2hrs 11min with my asus 1080 card. So the chances are that it wont crack this. So back to the question is there a way to test my bruteforce against my own name pre-generated?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Cheers Kev
why are you using --force?

You can use hashmode 99999, save your plaintext password to the "hash" file and run the attack against your actual plaintext.
So many things to comment on here...

1. Why are you using --force?
2. Why are you using -t 60?
3. Why are you defining a custom charset to a single character class?
4. Why are you defining a custom charset and then not using it in your mask?
5. Why are you using -i, but then setting increment-min and increment-max to the same value?
6. Why are you using -p : ?

Do you know what any of your command line is actually doing?
(10-30-2018, 01:53 AM)epixoip Wrote: [ -> ]So many things to comment on here...

1. Why are you using --force?
2. Why are you using -t 60?
3. Why are you defining a custom charset to a single character class?
4. Why are you defining a custom charset and then not using it in your mask?
5. Why are you using -i, but then setting increment-min and increment-max to the same value?
6. Why are you using -p : ?

Do you know what any of your command line is actually doing?

Sorry for asking this question on this forum. The syntax was generated from hashcatgui. The reason for the -t60 was for  markov and that is why no charset was used I thought markov sets its own charset/mask?. I also set the min and max to 8 because for some reason when I use markov it starts with small guesses first then increments. I knew my hash was 8chars len so i forced it to 8 probably all wrongSad. Was only trying to speed things up and understand how crack my own practice hashes . Anyway I am still only learning and I hope I havent annoyed anyone on here.

Cheers Kev
You can learn hashcat's functionality much better by just using the command line and built it yourself using the information on --help