hashcat Forum

Full Version: 2 computers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,
Sorry if this has been asked already. I have a laptop i7 with nvidia 1060 max q and a workstation with i7  asus 1080 card both win 10. Is there a way to combine the 2 pc's gpu to crack the same hash/wpa etc. Is this what the new brain function is for.

Any info much appreciated thanks.

Cheers Kev
Yes, you could use the brain for this.
I'm not sure if brain would be too slow and limited for WPA. Especially assuming he's using a standard consumer pc with <=32gb ram.
If you stick to --brain-client-functions=2 it will work on every computer and with as many computers as you want. Since --brain-client-functions=3 is the default and therefore this enables --brain-client-functions=1 you can be pretty sure that this will create a bottleneck on almost every computer not just this one. But just for the purpose of just having a distributed solution --brain-client-functions=2 is good enough.
Hello guys,
Thank you for all the answers. I am still new to this hashcat game and struggle to keep up. How do you connect the pc/laptop together. Does the application see all instances of hashcat running if both pc/laptop is on the same lan. Do you have to set a route to each pc. My laptop is a i7 nvidia 1060 max q with ssd and 16gig memory work station is i7 Asus ROG Strix GeForce STRIX-GTX1080-A8G and also 16gig memory.
Both running windows 10.

Thanks Kev
That's not how it works because that's not the real purpose of the brain. If you want a real distributed solution for hashcat, use hashtopolis.