Ubuntu Server + Oclhashcat - Driver
It is indeed peculiar. This is a used GPU. The previous owner utilized it for bit coin mining. I'm beginning to believe this GPU may be defective. I have successfully configured this GPU and oclhashcat on a windows machine. My screen turns completely WHITE when I initiate a brute force attack via oclhashcat. A few days ago, I successfully configured this very GPU with The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) 1.0.9. At the time, I was utilizing pyrit to initiate a brute force attack. Similar outcome. The screen turned black. Whether using The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) or Windows, I can hear the GPU fan switch to full throttle immediately after issuing the brute force command. However, given there is no display, I'm unable to verify the validity of the execution of the previously mentioned command. This is my very first GPU; thus, I'm unsure how to independently verify its functionality. I had assumed that once plug in, and my monitor turns on, it was safe to assume the GPU was functional. I believe we can close this thread. Thank you for your help epixoip!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ubuntu Server + Oclhashcat - Driver - by cheeseburger - 11-27-2014, 01:59 PM