AMD Radeon R9 280X (Asus Matrix) - initial benchmark
Your results are only about 10% lower than mine, so my guess is it has to do with the clock rate? The Matrix is factory-overclocked to about 20% greater than normal speed, as epixoip mentioned earlier. 1500 MHz doesn't sound right, because that would mean it was running at something like 150% standard clock rate. It's not liquid nitrogen-cooled, is it? Smile

FWIW, I posted this in another thread, but just to cover it here in the originating thread as well, my Matrix card completely died the fifth day that I had it - I've tried it in two different PCs and they won't even POST with it installed.

I hadn't even had time to use it to crack any real-world hashes - just ran a few quick benchmarks, and then a few days later while it was displaying my desktop, the screen went white and it stopped working.

Reading NewEgg reviews, it looks like this whole line of theirs is incredibly unreliable, and Asus support has gone way downhill. It's now a month later and I still don't have a replacement. I'm going to try a different brand, and looking at the posts regarding the 290-series cards, I think I'll go with a different 280X instead.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AMD Radeon R9 280X (Asus Matrix) - initial benchmark - by blincoln - 11-23-2013, 09:18 PM