qeustion about my hardware and H/s
(07-23-2015, 08:07 PM)epixoip Wrote: See my post on your other thread. Yes, 800 H/s sounds about right. 7zip is incredibly slow. You're correct, you'll never crack the password with the masks you've specified in your other thread. In fact, the masks you've specified are so outrageous that you'd never crack the password even if it were a super fast hash and you had a massive cluster of hundreds of top-end GPUs. 95^13 is impossible.

What would be the best way to go about cracking this then?  I password protected this a couple of years ago and have no idea what the password is.  I have since added a Markov attack to the mask attack with a threshold of 20 in the hopes that it would narrow it down a bit and make it more manageable.

Basically I have three words I usually use, with a few characters before and after, including special characters, or not.  The first letter of the three words may be capitalized.  I couldn't figure out the intricacies of the mask syntax so I cobbled together a .hcmask file that contains all permutations I need to test.  It is quite long and I fear at the H/s  I am getting, it will never resolve.

What approach would you recommend?

Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: qeustion about my hardware and H/s - by turbogiant76 - 07-24-2015, 07:26 PM