oclhashcat-lite v0.06 Time Bomb
Encountered first day of the new year Big Grin
"Error: this copy of oclhashcat-lite is outdated. get a more recent version."
i was pretty happy using 0.06 but now i am forced to use 0.08,which i am not easy with.
specially the GPU Usage fluctuation which i have encountered no matter what suggessions tried posted by members.
☫
Got this same message with oclHashcat-0.26 as well.
oclHashcat-lite 0.06 is outdated and not longer supported. use oclHashcat-lite 0.08 please.
oclHashcat 0.26 is deprecated and not longer supported. use oclHashcat-plus 0.07, it can fully replace it.
I guess this is a good idea, so folks don't ask about things that are already fixed, etc.
However, the download page has links to previous versions --- to look at but not to run?
And of course, the GUI won't work until that gets updated.

Any way to get around this restriction, for those of us who sort of know what we're doing?
I tried disabling my network, but apparently somehow it's already flagged...

BTW: I'm going to try the new release real soon. Looks like you've done many great things -- I don't know how you manage new features, bug fixes, performance improvements, dealing with us pesky users -- all on your own.
(01-03-2012, 11:13 PM)me.scotty Wrote: I guess this is a good idea, so folks don't ask about things that are already fixed, etc.
However, the download page has links to previous versions --- to look at but not to run?
And of course, the GUI won't work until that gets updated.

Any way to get around this restriction, for those of us who sort of know what we're doing?
I tried disabling my network, but apparently somehow it's already flagged...

BTW: I'm going to try the new release real soon. Looks like you've done many great things -- I don't know how you manage new features, bug fixes, performance improvements, dealing with us pesky users -- all on your own.

The GUI is a contribution by a forum member, not atom. If you are concerned with hashcat breaking due to GUi being outdated, I suggest learning the command line. It's not difficult.

Timebombs accomplish 2 things. Force the coders to push forward with the project, and eliminate redundant posts regarding old bugs in software. This does, however, potentially create new bugs which have to be worked through. As hashcat evolves, the best thing you can do is go with the flow and help make it better. While not the recommended practice, you can turn your system clock back if you absolutely need to use a version no longer supported.