hashcat Forum

Full Version: Low GPU Usage on Brute Force
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I'm somewhat new to this so apologies if this question is somehow dumb. I've googled around and found no answer, hence posting here.

I'm running a brute force attack on an 8 digit password - ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a - using 22000 on a GeForce 1070. I've installed the Cuda toolkit.

I'm getting an ETA of >10 years. However, my GPU is working at 1-3% according to Windows Task Manager.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!
(10-30-2022, 02:18 PM)wadewilson Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone,

I'm somewhat new to this so apologies if this question is somehow dumb. I've googled around and found no answer, hence posting here.

I'm running a brute force attack on an 8 digit password - ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a - using 22000 on a GeForce 1070. I've installed the Cuda toolkit.

I'm getting an ETA of >10 years. However, my GPU is working at 1-3% according to Windows Task Manager.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

I’m not sure but it could be this;
You are hashing at full rate but your task manager is on “3D” or some other mode, set it to “Cuda” and it should show up.
(10-30-2022, 02:32 PM)Hashbrown Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not sure but it could be this;
You are hashing at full rate but your task manager is on “3D” or some other mode, set it to “Cuda” and it should show up.

Hey,

Yeah, I finally found a post of someone explaining that the Task Manager is not to be trusted and to use OpenHardwareMonitor. Everything checks out.

Thanks!