hashcat Forum

Full Version: creating a custom wordlist and mask
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, hope everyone is doing fine. I had a file 4-5 years ago which I 7-zipped with a password I can't remember now. But I always use certain words and a number from 0-5 in all my passwords. For example, Bob, Cat, 0-5 etc With these I made passwords like Bob012345Cat or Cat012345Bob. Obviously this is not related to my real password but the pattern is same. So, my password is like (word)(number)(word). Although regarding numbers, I tend to use them in the middle or last but it's been so long that I have forgotten. I also never use special characters except @,*,$.

I'm really new here and this is honestly overwhelming. I am looking help for a custom wordlist + mask type of thing. First, I want to make a custom wordlist and use that in hashcat, both of which I'm still learning but can't understand properly.

Secondly, I want to make sure hash cat is not putting 0-5 in the first letter. I want hashcat to choose a word from my custom wordlist and put the number afterwards and then again pick another word from the wordlist. For instance, plaYer012345gAmer.

And I want hashcat to use big and small letters in all the combinations.

To reduce the time needed, I also want to specify the certain things hashcat doesn't need to search and they are :
1) Special characters except @,$,*
2) Letters such as Q, Z, V etc. There are many more but you get the point.
3) Numbers that are 6,7,8,9 cause I only use 0,1,2,3,4,5. And I use 0-5 in this order 012345 and I never deviate from that.

And my password is 10-20 characters long. I wish I could exactly tell how many characters they were. But then if I could, I would have already cracked the password without hashcat lol.

Thanks for reading and any help will be greatly appreciated.
depending on how much words or different numbers do you used, just stick to generate your own wordlist, no mask needed

first wordlist contains your words
second your used digits-string or digit-strings like 012345, 123450 and so on

then use combinator from https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat-utils to combine these two list

the result is a third list with all your words appended with your digits, then you have two options,

use hashcat in combintator attack mode (-a1) to combine third list with number one again

or use the combinator tool again, third + first to get a fourth list, word number word