hashcat Forum

Full Version: Discord
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've made an inofficial Discord server

[dead invite link]
I think the idea in general is not bad, but it would be much more clever to contact the administrator (atom) or at least some moderators over here or IRC to discuss these types of ideas before announcing a new "inofficial discord server".

As far as I know, there was already a lot of discussion about this on IRC and some (more official) discord server tests etc... but as we could have guessed, several IRC users wouldn't see any benefits in using discord over IRC (yeah, you know how it's sometimes difficult to switch a running system and try to convince users to use another system/server etc)...

Well, I think you could/should still try to ask atom on (freenode) IRC (or start a general discussion on #hashcat, again on freenode) about this server and your ideas how this could help and discuss with the guys on IRC what could be done and how this could help users etc...

Thx
I'm not sure if I understand your comment correctly. Still, it sounds like you think contacting the administrator or moderators of this forum would be a good idea before starting a new Discord server. I completely agree! It would be great to get feedback from the people who run this place before making any big changes.
hashcat has an official discord since some time now, available on the main page, help section: https://hashcat.net/hashcat/
(11-01-2022, 02:40 AM)IgnacioHall Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if I understand your comment correctly. Still, it sounds like you think contacting the administrator or moderators of this forum would be a good idea before starting a new Discord server. I completely agree! It would be great to get feedback from the people who run this place before making any big changes.
That being said, I'm not sure if there's anything stopping anyone from starting a Discord server for Hashcat users. I think it would be a great idea, and I'm sure plenty of people would be interested in using it. If you're interested in starting one, I say go for it! Let us know how it goes. Also, before creating a server, I recommend getting inspired by discord art services. They are very well structured, with a lot of useful bots.