Please help: 2 of the 4 290X are way too slow when performing dictionary attack
I have read all the answers so far.
I am glad this has triggered a lot of talk as I have been desperate to find a solution to the problem.
I will keep my answers short:

1) none of the card is fake. As already stated the ASUS are this model (http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/R9290XDC2OC4GD5/) whereas the Sapphire this (http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation...2060&lid=1)

2) all 4 cards perform identically when performing brute force attacks. Problem materializes when performing dictionary attacks

3) AMD Overdrive does only see ONE card (the #1 card). This is the primary card connected to the monitor. I dunno if this has anything to do with the problem though I doubt it as card #2 works at its fullest whether in brute force or dictionary attack. Furthermore, since Overdrive cant see the 3 cards it is unable to set the fan speed for cards #3 and #4 BUT is able to do so for cards #1 and #2! Same goes for overclocking (sets fine for cards #1 and #2 but is unable to do so for #3 and #4). To solve this I use Sapphire's Trixx utility which is able to see and set anything on all 4 cards. I have ordered HDMI dummy plugs (special ones for R9 290X cards) and waiting for delivery. I am curious whether this will solve the problem of Overdrive in seeing the rest of the 3 cards and whether this plays any significance to the dictionary attack problem.

4) The dictionary I am using is sorted by length (3-17 length).

5) Over the weekend I will try what atom has suggested: swap positions between the Asus and Sapphire cards. This will give us a lot of useful feedback.

6) I still am waiting for an attack to finish. As soon as it does I will make some tests and post all relevant info requested so that it is clear for everyone what my settings are.

Thanks all for jumping into this!

l8r....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please help: 2 of the 4 290X are way too slow when performing dictionary attack - by john2014 - 07-24-2014, 08:42 AM