Missing module 29311 (truecrypt)
Sad 
Hello,

Working on a truecrypt volume. Trying the example hashes beyond legacy and keep getting a missing module or file error. I have verified the hash file is in the correct directory but am getting the same error:

c:\Users\empow\hashcat-6.2.6>hashcat -a 3 -m29311 truecrypt_ripemd160_xts512.txt ?lash?lat --backend-ignore-cuda
hashcat (v6.2.6) starting

Either the specified hash mode does not exist in the official repository,
or the file(s) could not be found. Please check that the hash mode number is
correct and that the files are in the correct place.

Cannot load module ./modules/module_29311.dll

Started: Mon Sep 16 15:28:08 2024
Stopped: Mon Sep 16 15:28:08 2024

Q1: What am I doing wrong? (BTW the .txt file is ANSI encoding not ASCII--hope that will work as it won't save as ASCII in notepad)
Q2: When I copy my hdr file will I need to add ?truecrypt? as is done in the example? 
Q3: It appears from the example hash that the format of the hex file is important, ie. one long string. Do I need to omit the spaces and combine all of the hex characters into one long line to insert into the hdr file before hashing?

Much appreciate some help with this!
hashcat.com/beta try that first
It's $truecrypt$, not ?truecrypt?.
Also, if you take an extra look of the example hash, the first - I think it's 128 bytes - is a header, which is followed by a $.
And yes, no spaces in the hash. It's one long string.
Thanks for the replies.

Just to verify, the hashcat/beta is the one released circa 2013 and just keeps getting updated, so that is the download file?

The $ at byte 128 is a new twist.  I have been studying TC for a little while, especially the header, and have seen nothing in the TC manuals about it. The 4 bytes from 124-128 are flag bits, and bit 128-132 designate the sector size. So that $ at byte 128 refers only to the hashcat example? 

Am getting constant error from hashcat on my TC header challenge "no hash-mode matches the structure of the input hash". Does this always indicate an incorrect header (it is not easy finding the start point for those 512 bytes) or could it be the correct header but using the wrong encoding, utf-8 vs ASCII?

Should I start a new thread for issues about the a possible incorrect TC header and whether hashcat can help identify the correct one?

Thanks!