blowfish brute
I was told that hashcat has blowfish support but i don't see it in the --help command can anyone be a sport and comment the number pls ty
-m number
Just as descrypt (-m 1500) is based on DES (but is much more, because it adds rounds/stretching/etc.), and md5crypt (-m 500) is similarly derived from MD5, it is the bcrypt hash (-m 3200) that is built on blowfish. That may be what you're looking for.
~
Hey i know i'm not allowed to give hashes out but this is a fake one i just typed it's in real format to the blowfish but the reason why i'm posting the hash is because i get this error
when i try to crack it skipping line = hash line length exception 
$2a$13$1gdWWQ1bnUwODWjWkC66XewIAkwFuWbgviIoaBxQvN0yAE5QG7cCK
also if i put that into hash identifier it won't find it as blowfish :/ maybe it's a different hash type but i was told it's blowfish
An artificial hash is fine. The $2a$ format is indeed blowfish-based bcrypt.

Can you post the full command line you're using?
~
That's not a original bcrypt hash, looks like some custom version.
(08-31-2016, 11:34 PM)zer0sec Wrote: Hey i know i'm not allowed to give hashes out but this is a fake one i just typed it's in real format to the blowfish but the reason why i'm posting the hash is because i get this error
when i try to crack it skipping line = hash line length exception 
$2a$13$1gdWWQ1bnUwODWjWkC66XewIAkwFuWbgviIoaBxQvN0yAE5QG7cCK
also if i put that into hash identifier it won't find it as blowfish :/ maybe it's a different hash type but i was told it's blowfish

hmm is it dropbox file?
the full commandline im using is like hashcat -m 1500 hashlocation.txt passwordlistfolder 

this command line works as i try it with md5 hash and -m 0 and it works fine...
(09-01-2016, 11:09 AM)zer0sec Wrote: the full commandline im using is like hashcat -m 1500 hashlocation.txt passwordlistfolder 

this command line works as i try it with md5 hash and -m 0 and it works fine...

did u success to crack ur hash?
No I'm still trying to get blowfish to work still getting the error length blah blah exception
Your hash loads fine here...