hashcat 0.46 memory trouble in cmd file?
After having cleaned up my system a bit on the weekend, including re-building the page file, and having uninstalled a suspect program, I was going to kill two birds with one stone by running that group of rules first in hashcat-plus, recording the elapsed time, then running the same group, via the equivalent batch file, in CPU hashcat, to compare the timings.

Hashcat-plus took 36 minutes, so I began the batch file for hashcat, which I've used many times before without problems, but walked back from the kitchen and saw that 98% of my system's 16 GB of RAM was being used. Normally, typical usage is around 12%. Only diagnostics use near 100% if I chosen to do so.

Neither hashcat have ever used a lot of memory.

I'm not sure why hashcat-cli64.exe v 0.46 in a batch file, reading a list of many rules, all of a sudden acts funny.

It still may be some new problem with my system, but everything else runs normally.

I may try some testing with some Sysinternals utilities, on the weekend, but wonder if any of the programmers would have a way of determining if there is a memory leak or not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: hashcat 0.46 memory trouble in cmd file? - by Kgx Pnqvhm - 07-25-2013, 12:14 AM