ERROR: cuModuleLoad() 209
#1
Hey so I'm trying to run cudaHashcat64 which for what ever reason isn't included in the The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) Linux repos when installing oclHashcat. But I figure that is more than likely a The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) issue then an issue with HC itself. So I downloaded the package from the Hashcat site and am running it manually. The only problem is it isn't running.

Basically I just got some new hardware for my main computer, and I thought I could load The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) on my old core2quad and just have that push the GPU for cHC. Instead of bogging down my main system. It should be a win win. I am connecting to the machine through SSH. Although I am probably going to install a VNC server tonight, since the machine will be permanently behind my firewall. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this error? I have included as much information as I could think of in the code below. Any suggestions, are appreciated.

I am a Linux noob, I have been using the windows version of cudaHashcat for the last year or so. But I'm not paying for another license of windows just for this project, I'm cheap.



Code:
root@breaker:~# nvcc --version nvcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver Copyright (c) 2005-2012 NVIDIA Corporation Built on Fri_Sep_21_17:28:58_PDT_2012 Cuda compilation tools, release 5.0, V0.2.1221 root@breaker:~# nvidia-smi Wed Oct 8 10:48:08 2014 +------------------------------------------------------+ | NVIDIA-SMI 331.67 Driver Version: 331.67 | |-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+ | GPU Name Persistence-M| Bus-Id Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC | | Fan Temp Perf Pwr:Usage/Cap| Memory-Usage | GPU-Util Compute M. | |===============================+======================+======================| | 0 GeForce GTX 660 Off | 0000:01:00.0 N/A | N/A | | 30% 29C N/A N/A / N/A | 101MiB / 2047MiB | N/A Default | +-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+ +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Compute processes: GPU Memory | | GPU PID Process name Usage | |=============================================================================| | 0 Not Supported | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ root@breaker:~# lspci -nnk | grep -i vga -A3 | grep 'in use' Kernel driver in use: nvidia Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel root@breaker:~# pyrit list_cores Pyrit 0.4.0 (C) 2008-2011 Lukas Lueg http://pyrit.googlecode.com This code is distributed under the GNU General Public License v3+ The following cores seem available... #1: 'CUDA-Device #1 'GeForce GTX 660'' #2: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)' #3: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)' #4: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)' root@breaker:~# '/root/cudaHashcat-1.31/cudaHashcat64.bin' -b cudaHashcat v1.31 starting in benchmark-mode... Device #1: GeForce GTX 660, 2047MB, 1124Mhz, 5MCU ERROR: cuModuleLoad() 209


Messages In This Thread
ERROR: cuModuleLoad() 209 - by marpatdroid - 10-08-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: ERROR: cuModuleLoad() 209 - by atom - 10-08-2014, 04:58 PM
RE: ERROR: cuModuleLoad() 209 - by marpatdroid - 10-08-2014, 05:29 PM
RE: ERROR: cuModuleLoad() 209 - by philsmd - 10-08-2014, 08:14 PM
RE: ERROR: cuModuleLoad() 209 - by Rolf - 10-08-2014, 08:28 PM
RE: ERROR: cuModuleLoad() 209 - by marpatdroid - 10-08-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: ERROR: cuModuleLoad() 209 - by epixoip - 10-09-2014, 08:44 AM
RE: ERROR: cuModuleLoad() 209 - by marpatdroid - 10-09-2014, 06:51 PM