Would appreciate assistance with forming correct command structure
Hello,

My brother asked me to help him recover his lost litecoin wallet/private key. I am an IT pro, familiar with LINUX and have mining rigs I can run this on. I have completed the installation of hashcat, successfully benchmarked the system, extracted the wallet.dat hash and am ready to begin the process on a (6) GPU NVidia 1070 system.

Where I would appreciate assistance in forming the complete and proper command for this situation. He knows it is a 12 character password mixing upper case, lower case and special characters. He gave me some characters that are very likely in the password. In addition, he indicated that the characters would be placed next to each other in the password such asĀ 

32 <something else>47<somethingelse>51<somethingelse>

These are the numbers he indicated are include in groups, ie "3,2" "4,7" and "5,1"

There is a decent likelihood that they appear this way but the exact positions are not known. Ideally I think this needs to be brute-forced but giving priority to include these numbers first in all the permutations.

Frankly, I have no idea about how to implement that here and all help is greatly appreciated.

Also, knowing it is 12 characters, is it possible to develop an estimate of the processing time required?

Thank you in advance

Steve

Messages In This Thread
Would appreciate assistance with forming correct command structure - by HelpYourBro - 12-17-2017, 01:57 AM