Noob trying to follow this walkthrough
#5
Thumbs Up 
(10-30-2018, 11:09 PM)freeroute Wrote: If you don't know where the tctsom.hccapx is.
Find the file:
"find / -type f -name tctsom.hccapx"

With hashcat use the full path to your tctsom.hccapx file.

Thanks. I now have another issue below, which results in a segfault:

Code:
hashcat -m 2500 -r /usr/share/hashcat/rules/best64.rule /usr/share/hashcat/tctsom.hccapx rockyou.txt --force hashcat (v4.2.1) starting... OpenCL Platform #1: The pocl project ==================================== * Device #1: pthread-Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU  N3540  @ 2.16GHz, 1024/2878 MB allocatable, 4MCU Hashes: 5 digests; 4 unique digests, 1 unique salts Bitmaps: 16 bits, 65536 entries, 0x0000ffff mask, 262144 bytes, 5/13 rotates Rules: 77 Applicable optimizers: * Zero-Byte * Single-Salt * Slow-Hash-SIMD-LOOP Minimum password length supported by kernel: 8 Maximum password length supported by kernel: 63 Watchdog: Hardware monitoring interface not found on your system. Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger disabled. * Device #1: build_opts '-cl-std=CL1.2 -I OpenCL -I /usr/share/hashcat/OpenCL -D VENDOR_ID=64 -D CUDA_ARCH=0 -D AMD_ROCM=0 -D VECT_SIZE=4 -D DEVICE_TYPE=2 -D DGST_R0=0 -D DGST_R1=1 -D DGST_R2=2 -D DGST_R3=3 -D DGST_ELEM=4 -D KERN_TYPE=2500 -D _unroll' Dictionary cache built: * Filename..: rockyou.txt * Passwords.: 14344391 * Bytes.....: 139921497 * Keyspace..: 1104517568 * Runtime...: 4 secs [s]tatus [p]ause [b]ypass [c]heckpoint [q]uit => Segmentation fault

Can someone point me in the direction of an a-z tutorial for a new hashcat user? I'm not getting where I am going wrong on each step here.


Messages In This Thread
RE: Noob trying to follow this walkthrough - by soronrheeyi - 10-31-2018, 07:30 AM