OpenCL problem
As far as I know it's not possible to pass through the GPU with a system with only 1 GPU and furthermore VM doesn't support this GPU passthrough feature (as far as I know). It's also very complex and error prone with other virtualization solutions (as far as I know) and the reason is that the guest operating system needs to have full access to the GPU (which is also very dangerous, security-wise).

I think on mac you could just use boot camp with windows and it should be working (because it's different from a virtualization solution like VM).

I also agree with @slyexe and @undeath that you should avoid both virtualization and cracking on a laptop.
You can use hashcat directly on mac (without virtualization). Just clone the git repo from https://github.com/hashcat/hahscat , init the submodules (run git submodule update --init) and run make. Afterwards the hashcat binary should be build correctly. (btw: you might need to install some homebrew packages like git and I think that hashcat itself is also available as a homebrew package, but it might not always be up to date)

Messages In This Thread
OpenCL problem - by rabbit.psg - 11-06-2018, 01:15 AM
RE: OpenCL problem - by slyexe - 11-06-2018, 04:00 AM
RE: OpenCL problem - by undeath - 11-06-2018, 10:39 AM
RE: OpenCL problem - by rabbit.psg - 11-06-2018, 11:09 AM
RE: OpenCL problem - by philsmd - 11-06-2018, 12:52 PM
RE: OpenCL problem - by rabbit.psg - 11-06-2018, 10:50 PM