Advice for Reviving Old Machine for Hashcat
(12-12-2019, 10:33 AM)DanielG Wrote: Before buying hardware make sure cracking is feasible. What do you know about the password for the truecrypt container? If you only know it is 20 characters for example you will never crack it. But if you know it started with a certain word but then had 5 characters consisting of lowercase and numbers you can succeed.

Thanks for the reply DanielG. The password couldn't have been composed of special characters. As I remember I haven't used anything like that during those years. The best scenario is that I used both upper and lower case letters and a few numbers in the end. I'm not sure if this is allowed to divulge here, but I used one 136MB password file, and a 13GB one I found while doing what 'research' I can. The password I used was not included. 

I've been simulating creating another truecrypt container to find out what specific method I could have used and my best bet is mode 6213.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice for Reviving Old Machine for Hashcat - by Adonai - 12-12-2019, 10:41 AM