Altered my PW for Argent-X (crypto wallet) - no seed written down.
(08-31-2023, 09:05 PM)dumbestdummy Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 12:16 PM)marc1n Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 11:54 AM)dumbestdummy Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 11:42 AM)marc1n Wrote: Hashcat must have your password hash to work unfortunately but Argent-X is not currently supported.

I know this is not part of the forum but are there maybe any other possible approaches (like more manual ones)?
As stated I think there shouldn’t be that many possibilities given that there weren’t several of those actions performed so basically I would just need to try to start cutting sequences out (like character 2&3 to the end, character 2-4 to the end, character 2-5 to the end, character 3-7 to the end etc) and then check how argent reacts.

So if there is any literature / tools / I can look at that would also help me a lot. I don’t have to starve otherwise but it’s still a hefty some that would make it worth for me.

If you don't have your recovery phrases, you don't know the password and you don't even have a json file (backup file), your funds are not recoverable at the moment. You have deprived yourself of funds by not following the basic rules in the world of cryptocurrencies.

I have the json file in which the seed is encrypted with my chosen password which I have altered slightly (again less than 1000 combinations possible at max and I do know all of them). So maybe that clears things up— should have gotten that earlier but I was mentally to unstable tbh

https://support.argent.xyz/hc/en-us/arti...lete-guide

Messages In This Thread
RE: Altered my PW for Argent-X (crypto wallet) - no seed written down. - by marc1n - 08-31-2023, 09:18 PM