Developping a strategy for few hundred NTLM hashes
Hello,

Thank you for your answers. So apparently my OS of choice is not really appreciated so I learnt something new. I'll try to see if I can set up windows on the external disk instead if it provides some real benefits.

The issue with sampling a few hashes on crackstation is that the user base from which the hashes originate is somewhat diverse in terms of culture/languages so there isn't an easy pattern like "it's only spanish speaking users". I could check when the passwords were set and cross reference it with historical password policy to have an idea of what the minimum requirements were (although I have not guarantee they were enforced).

As for Hashcat brain, I understand it may not be worth it in terms of performance so I won't worry about that too much.

In any case, in an ideal world I won't be able to crack a single hash, that would be the best results for me but for it to hold any weight I need to be able to show that the strategy I used was thought out and covered a lot of cases.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Developping a strategy for few hundred NTLM hashes - by Baroud - 10-13-2023, 09:33 AM