Major difference between benchmark values and real values on RTX4090 rig
Ideally you want to get something that actually can serve at least x8 3.0 lanes to each card or use multiple rigs. I've been building off AMD Epyc systems recently, 2nd gen and similar, and using SFF-8654 SlimSAS adapters where needed(note: these are NOT like other pcie risers you may have encountered). The adapters are relatively expensive and still a little rare, I've been looking for a cheaper way to get them but I'm still waiting on hardware to arrive so I can test it before I actually suggest using any of it. For now, they remain a bit of a boutique/premium option, much like OcuLink and other PCIe cabling options.

Clustering multiple machines is probably the easiest way to go about this, but it does come with a bit of complexity. You'll want to look into some of the cluster control software like Hashtopolis. It will let you network machines together, at the expense of being a web interface and potentially missing a few more advanced features that using hashcat from the command line might offer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Major difference between benchmark values and real values on RTX4090 rig - by Chick3nman - 02-06-2024, 07:05 PM