Feature request: better error message when the NVIDIA RTC library can't be loaded
The error message could probably use an update, I agree, but I think it's important to point out that adding those paths is part of properly installing the CUDA Toolkit. If you do so using the Nvidia debs/runfiles, which I would strongly recommend over using any of the repos, it will tell you to add two paths to your env vars explicitly after the installer finishes running. It's also listed in the installation instructions here: https://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-instal...on-actions

Handling of these and some similar errors should have gotten a few tweaks already actually, but likely will need a few more. You are running a version of hashcat from 11/2021 and some of those changes may have happened in 6.2.6 (09/2022) or perhaps after and thus would only be available in the beta builds/master branch. Best to update to the release version or perhaps beta to see if the behavior has changed at all or if it's still an issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feature request: better error message when the NVIDIA RTC library can't be loaded - by Chick3nman - 09-25-2024, 05:20 AM