Need Help Choosing the Right GPU for Hashcat – Advice Needed!
(Yesterday, 01:41 PM)aidenhall Wrote: I am currently using a mid-range GPU, but I am looking to upgrade. 

Would help to know what card you are using than just referencing it as a mid-range GPU. 

Budget wise, Nvidia 3000 series are considerably cheaper now and can obtain a RTX 3080 for a fair price. I would suggest staying away from 3080ti or 3090s due to the fact that they have components crucial to be cooled on the backside of the card which is strictly passively cooled by the backplate. Otherwise, if you are building a dedicated cracking rig with proper cooling components then that should be a non issue. Another issue with the 3000's were the mass rush to supply chains meaning cutting corners on components such as thermal pads and the thermal paste. This is just my experience, otherwise, jumping into 4000 series I do not have any experience with. AMD I have never tried and will probably never try.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need Help Choosing the Right GPU for Hashcat – Advice Needed! - by slyexe - Yesterday, 09:57 PM