Errors getting this working on MacOS Catalina
Hello all,

I appreciate there have been several topics on this so far, but none seem to get to the bottom of the issue. I guess as a first question, does anyone have hashcat working properly on the dedicated GPU in a mac, from Catalina onwards?

For the record, im not suggesting this is a hashcat issue, because to be honest, I feel like things have changed as updates for Catalalina have been released so there is every chance this is some Apple stuff going on.

My setup has basically been to clone the very latest Hashcat build and make it, then run the app from inside the directory:

Code:
./hashcat -b                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
hashcat (v6.2.2-80-gc32242980) starting in benchmark mode

Benchmarking uses hand-optimized kernel code by default.
You can use it in your cracking session by setting the -O option.
Note: Using optimized kernel code limits the maximum supported password length.
To disable the optimized kernel code in benchmark mode, use the -w option.

OpenCL API (OpenCL 1.2 (Apr 25 2021 19:57:40)) - Platform #1 [Apple]
====================================================================
* Device #1: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8850H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 16320/16384 MB (4096 MB allocatable), 12MCU
* Device #2: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, skipped
* Device #3: AMD Radeon Pro 560X Compute Engine, skipped

Benchmark relevant options:
===========================
* --optimized-kernel-enable

Hashmode: 0 - MD5

clCompileProgram(): CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE

* Device #1: Kernel /Users/xxx/Downloads/hashcat/OpenCL/shared.cl build failed.

Started: Fri Jul  2 15:50:07 2021
Stopped: Fri Jul  2 15:50:08 2021

Prior to Catalina it worked well every since it was released for the Mac, but lately its been very hit and miss. Early versions of Catalina it worked ok, but with command switched like -O to make things work.  Any feedback or help gratefully received. I am due to move to Big Sur when i get some software licensing sorted so ill be trying it there too.

Messages In This Thread
Errors getting this working on MacOS Catalina - by Hatlord - 07-02-2021, 04:52 PM