trying to crack my bitcoin wallet hash
HI All!!!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

so i am trying to password crack bitcoin wallet for my brother. its a old backup so naturally hes forgotten his password and no seed phrase. 

iv got a bit of info from him tho in terms of what kind of passwords he was using back then but even with that info i havent got far at all with cracking the hash.

im curently using the one rule to rule them all - rule which i researched up and saw it has a good susess rate but upon trying it multiple times, i rekon is not what will work for me due to the password being more on the complexed side.  ( also used dive rule and no luck there either ) 

so now im wondering if the problem might be the password list i made for hashcat and if in actual fact his password was not even close or even more complexed. 

maybe i just need to make a custom rule? wouldent even know where to start as im a noob haha.

also i wanted to ask is there a way of getting hashcat to report when it has sucessfully decrypted letters/numbers/ special characters ? for example if the password was B1ngB0ng27 and hashcat managed to figure out that the first letter is B and the last letter or nunber is 7, is it possible to extract that data? 

not even sure if thats possible but it would be a super big help if it could right? 

anyways any help would be super appricated!!  and if someone is willing to write me a rule based on the passwords my bro has given me, that would be super awesome tooooo!!!

Messages In This Thread
trying to crack my bitcoin wallet hash - by devilnash - 11-16-2021, 11:05 AM