TrueCrypt - Can I supply the encrypted container file on the command line?
well maybe i didnt stated it right what i mean

i do not know how or what hascat really does when providing the container as input, so it COULD be a difference in providing a 1mb container compared to a 500 GB container, IF hashcat just reads the first 512 bytes then everything should work as intended, if hashcat throws an error, i would stick to "plz give me just the first 512 bytes okay?"

for your second question, see

https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-4812.html

the encryption algorithm doesnt* really matters, all what matters is the hashalgorithm, if you read the article (its from 2010, so it seems i missed some details over the years)

*as you can see from the article, the 512, 1024, 1536 bit correspondend with the double and tripple encryption from the first options, as you can also read in the article, this doesnt really matter (for hashcat), all what you have to know is the hashing algortihm (see attached picture) thats the reason why you can crack XTS 512 with 1024 and 1536 bit, because the first 512 ar allways the same

Attached Files
.jpg   hash.JPG (Size: 15.06 KB / Downloads: 1)

Messages In This Thread
RE: TrueCrypt - Can I supply the encrypted container file on the command line? - by Snoopy - 02-07-2022, 01:33 PM