GPU not being used.
Hi,

I tried to see if someone asked on the forum already but I couldn't find anyone asking the question.

My computer's details are:
I have a NVidia GeForce GTX 1070 and my cpu is Intel core i7-770 @3.60GHz running Win10 64bit

I am running a The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) machine through my VMware workstation.

When I use HashCat on the The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) I have noticed (on Task Manager) that HashCat is only using my cpu.  The gpu is not being used.  I believe this is the reason HashCat is taking so long in cracking passwords.

From what I understand HashCat would be working a lot more faster for me if it was using the cpu and gpu together.

I have compared what I am doing on my machine to examples on youtube and using HashCat to do exactly the same job the youtube example took a few minutes while my system was telling me it was going to take about 2 and a half hours.

Am I correct in believing that it is the lack of HashCat using my gpu the reason for taking so long?
And if so, how (if any) can I get HashCat (or my The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) machine) to start using my cpu in conjunction with my gpu to process future calculations?

I have been using my The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) machine with HashCat for past 4 months or so, so I haven't mastered it.  Please excuse me for any dumb questions I might be asking.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attached Files
.jpg   aa2hrsCapture.JPG (Size: 54.18 KB / Downloads: 6)

Messages In This Thread
GPU not being used. - by Jarblue24 - 07-19-2022, 07:35 AM
RE: GPU not being used. - by Jarblue24 - 07-19-2022, 07:38 AM
RE: GPU not being used. - by Snoopy - 07-20-2022, 01:53 PM