Help with VeraCrypt Password Recovery
Question 
Hello Hashcat Forum,

My name is Senay, and I am a complete beginner with VeraCrypt and Hashcat. I have encountered a frustrating problem. I created a VeraCrypt volume on a USB stick that includes a hidden partition, but I have forgotten the password. I am not familiar with Hashcat or how to use (dd) at all. I only remember a portion of the password and a few possible variations, so I know part of it and could guess the other part.

I would be incredibly grateful if someone could assist me, as I am a complete beginner and do not have much knowledge about this topic. There are urgent private files on this USB stick, and I am willing to make a donation to anyone who can help me recover the password.

I have downloaded Hashcat, but I do not have any experience with (dd) since terms like "dictionary" are not familiar to me. I am having difficulty getting the hash values from the hidden partition and understanding the rest of the process.

Here is some information about my system:

Operating System: Windows 10
VeraCrypt USB Stick Encryption: AES-512
Normal volume (password known and accessible)
Hidden partition (partially known password + possible combinations)

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope that someone can assist me with this issue, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Help with VeraCrypt Password Recovery - by Senay55 - 04-30-2023, 07:12 PM