Partially known info for decryption
(05-12-2023, 03:13 PM)ksbecker Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 02:45 PM)Snoopy Wrote: so you know that the plains are just straight adresses, so why do you want to crack them?

The only reason I know the address is that I have the hash along with a latitude and longitude. With that I was able to determine the address. 

My goal is to determine what the format of the input/plain is so that I can reproduce these hashes. I need to supplement my dataset and don't know the format and the party who knows is unable to tell due to proprietary reasons.

Honestly, this was a long shot and I learned yesterday that it's possible that the input may not have everything that I specified. I'm fairly confident that the Street Address Line 1 is in the plain text, but the rest is questionable as there are other ways to get City, State, & Zip.

Thanks for the input.

as i said before im certainly sure that your "hashes" are no real hashes as storing data this way will make this data unuseable, because you will not be able to process to the data back to plaintext when this data is needed. i think these "hashes" are more like an id or something similar, you said you have lat long beside, i know some databases where the positions of wlans are stored, so these "hashes" could be the mac-adresses or similar

could you provide a single dataset but please mask at least 4 chars of your hash with XX

Messages In This Thread
Partially known info for decryption - by ksbecker - 05-11-2023, 05:53 PM
RE: Partially known info for decryption - by Snoopy - 05-15-2023, 10:52 AM