Help generating wordlist
Pretty new to hashcat and have been having fun playing around.  While new to this, used to play around with rainbowtables way back in 2005 so it has been fun to see how things have changed. 

So here is the question.  Was visiting brother and thought it would be fun to try to crack his wifi password (with his permission).  After 5 days he had to give it to me because I couldn't get the job done.

For fun, each day he would give me a hint and I would use that info to try to create a new attack strategy.  After 5 days there were the sum total of 4 hints and when I tried my logic to build a final wordlist, a massive 700Tb table was projected!

So am looking to see what you all would do the trim that down.

Hint #1, Day 2: The password is 13 characters long
Hint #2: The password ends with 3 numbers
Hint #3: The password is all lowercase
Hint #4:  The password is a combination of two English words followed by the numbers

I liked the idea of building a 10 character sublist of two English words using mentalist and the builtin English dictionary, but couldn't figure out how to only include combinations that exactly equaled 10 characters i.e. bully+spirit = 11 (reject) but bull+shitty = 10 (include) that I would then use a rule to add the 3 numbers at end.

SO, who do you think?  How to build this 10-letter wordlist known it is two English words?

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Help generating wordlist - by skiutah02 - 08-11-2023, 07:05 AM
RE: Help generating wordlist - by Snoopy - 08-11-2023, 05:37 PM
RE: Help generating wordlist - by skiutah02 - 08-12-2023, 08:44 AM