Help generating wordlist
Good stuff, thanks.

I think I found a solution that your comments guided me to.  Here is what I did that ended up being able to crack the password in about 4 hrs.

I found a dictionary with the top 20,000 used English words and named it 20k.txt (rather than the whole English dict)

I then used the combinor function built directly into hashcat and piped it into awk to only write 10-character words to a file I named 10.txt  (I ended up making txt files of 8-character words (only) up to 14-character words (only) this way).

# hashcat --stdout -a 1 20k.txt 20k.txt | awk 'length($0) > 9 && length($0) < 11' >> 10.txt

I then used the maskprocessor to make a hashcat rule to add the three numbers to the end of any word in a wordlist and named the rule file appendXXX.rule

#  mp64 -o appendXXX.rule '$?d $?d $?d'

I used vi to modify the rule file to place the "l" in front of each line in the rule file to lowercase each word of the wordlist

:1,1000s/^/l/

then for the big test....

# hashcat -a 0 -m 22000 brothersHASH.22000 --rules=appendXXX.rule 10.txt

My system running 3 old NVIDIA GPUs and 2 really old AMD GPUs projected a 10 hr run (650+kH/s) but cracked it at the 4 hr mark.

I think this method is pretty efficient with multiple GPUs as they have plenty to do.

Thanks!

skiutah02

(08-11-2023, 05:37 PM)Snoopy Wrote: take a look at https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat-utils/releases

tool splitlen

take the mentalist english wordlist, lower its content with an editor of your choice, use linux oder WSL for sort file | uniq > file_uniq and split this uniq list into its parts 

so you have lists from length 1-9

so possible combos would be
1 9
9 1
2 8
8 2
3 7
7 3
4 6
6 4
5 5

the problem, there is no attack for combining 2 wordlists AND a mask so you have to add the numbers yourself, use hashcat with --stdout to generate 9 new lists with numbers appended, so you have lists 1-9 and lists 1-9 with appended numbers, mentalists eng_dict is ~2.5mb so you will end up with a needed maximum storage of 2.5GB, which is far from your 700tb

then use combinator attack https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=combinator_attack to let hashcat do the combining work (no need to build the whole list) so you end up with 9 runs of combinator attack

have fun

Messages In This Thread
Help generating wordlist - by skiutah02 - 08-11-2023, 07:05 AM
RE: Help generating wordlist - by Snoopy - 08-11-2023, 05:37 PM
RE: Help generating wordlist - by skiutah02 - 08-12-2023, 08:44 AM