Trouble using å,ä,and ö in mask attack
Hi everyone!

I have trouble getting my head around all the things regarding mask attacks. I live in Sweden and have a very hard time getting hold of any password lists in Swedish (please let me know if anyone have any ideas how I can get hold of some, thanks in advance!) . This has made me think that maybe the best way for me to crack passwords is via mask attacks, so a bit back I looked into making custom char sets that include the Swedish letters å,ä,ö. I also looked for some ideas about masks to use them with. I found one that I now have tried without any huge success at all. Im about to start to crack a word thats probably is going to take a while to crack, but before that I tried the charset and masks against some easier word both with and without the Swedish letters in them. I used 6 letter words in MD5-hash and it quickly cracked the word without å,ä,ö but it didn´t crack the Swedish word. As Iḿ no good at all at mask attacks, Iḿ not sure where the problem lies. It could be in my charset, the mask or maybe in the commandline. Iĺl write everything down so that you guys and girls get the whole picture and after that maybe if Iḿ lucky help me out a little with this.

Charsets:
--custom-charset1 sv_ISO-8859-4_19.hcchr = abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzåäöABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZÅÄÖ0123456789
--custom-charset2 sv_ISO-8859-4_16.hcchr = abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzåäö0123456789!@#$%^&*()-_+=~`[]{}|\:;"'<>,.?/
--custom-charset3 sv_ISO-8859-4_24.hcchr = abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzåäöABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZÅÄÖ0123456789!@#$%^&*()-_+=~`[]{}|\:;"'<>,.?/

Mask:
-1 ?l?s?d ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

Commandline:
hashcat -a 3 -m 22000 -D 2 - O -w 4 -S --session=hem.restore --restore-file-path=/home/spcn/sessions-hashcat/hem.restore -o hem_out hem --custom-charset1 charsets/standard/Swedish/sv_ISO-8859-4_24.hcchr -1 ?l?s?d ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

I would appreciate it very, very much if some one had the time yo help me sort this problem out. Thanks a million in advance everyone!

Messages In This Thread
Trouble using å,ä,and ö in mask attack - by CornyHorn - 08-16-2023, 07:09 PM