iTunes / Hashcat help
Sad 
Hi everybody,

I am an IT noob and have never done any of this stuff. Unfortunately my iPhone 13 decided to reset itself after a failed update, and the only available backup I have is encrypted. 

I've read the forum rules and I am aware of not posting any actual stuff on here, so please advise/forgive me if I do.
I have followed the guide to extract an iTunes hash, and compiled the manifest.txt file. Also using rockyou.txt and an additional Wordlist.txt which contains around all the passwords I can think of.

I'm on Windows 10, and using K@li in VBM. When I run:
hashcat -m 14800 -a 3 '/home/k***/Desktop/Manifest123.txt' '/home/k***/Desktop/rockyou.txt' '/home/k***/Desktop/Wordlist.txt'
hashcat -m 14800 -a 0 '/home/k***/Desktop/Manifest123.txt' '/home/k***/Desktop/rockyou.txt' '/home/k***/Desktop/Wordlist.txt'

I get no recovered options.

I've read in another post about "using your own list of passwords and use the following command on it: hashcat --force --stdout your_pass_list.txt -r rules/dive.rule > output_pass_list.txt. Then you run the generated list on your hash", but I cannot figure out how to amend the syntax to include this.

Please let me know if I have posted correctly and apologies in advance if I haven't.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much

Messages In This Thread
iTunes / Hashcat help - by xunune - 03-20-2024, 12:06 PM
RE: iTunes / Hashcat help - by Snoopy - 03-20-2024, 02:30 PM
RE: iTunes / Hashcat help - by xunune - 03-21-2024, 12:58 AM
RE: iTunes / Hashcat help - by xunune - 03-21-2024, 04:21 AM