Splitting work to pass through the integer overflow error
Hello there!
I am trying to crack a hash with a mask attack. I use this mask: ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a.
The thing is that I get this error: Integer overflow detected in keyspace of mask. Don't worry, I know what this error is even though I'm a noob Big Grin
So since my mask is too huge, I thought I could resolve the problem by splitting the work. I did some research and found -s and -l options. I calculated the number of combinations given by my mask (95^10), and then divided it in five so the result is lower than 2^64. I tried to run my command with -s 0 and -l <the result of (95^10) divided by 5>. But I still get the same overflow error... I even tried to put a very low number to -l, like 100 by example.
I think hashcat just set the error if the mask is too huge, without taking into account that I splitted the work and that what I'm asking it to calculate is below 2^64. Is it possible to make hashcat take into account the work I actually ask it to do, instead of the overall work that I didn't split yet?
Hope you understood my problem, have a good day!

Messages In This Thread
Splitting work to pass through the integer overflow error - by Yixraie - 04-25-2024, 07:21 PM