[LM] Append a '0' with rules file ?!
(06-21-2012, 10:11 AM)atom Wrote: Damn LM, the fact that this is the only known two-in-one hash generates lots of problems. This actually looks like a bug, but i am pretty busy with markov stuff right now. I will take a look at this later. Please bump this thread from time to time so that I dont lost sight on it.
Just switch the format to support only halves of the LM hash and you will remove lots of headaches for nothing. To prevent the people to complain, You can add 2 small little programs in the Hashcat-utils: 1) One that takes a full LM hash list and split it into unique halves that are stored in a file for the oclhashcat program to process. 2) The second program take a full LM uncracked list and a cracked halves list as input to finally output the full LM cracked format.

By copying the 2 utils in the oclhashcat folder, they can easily automate the process with a .bat file:

Code:
SplitLM.exe lmhash.txt > halfLM.txt
oclhashcat-plus64.exe -m 3000 -o crackedhalf.txt halfLM.txt
CrackLM.exe -c crackedhalf.txt -o found.txt lmhash.txt
I obviously removed some switches to illustrate the essential and a create the -c to represent the crackedhalf file for input but the idea is very simple.

Messages In This Thread
[LM] Append a '0' with rules file ?! - by Mem5 - 06-20-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: [LM] Append a '0' with rules file ?! - by mastercracker - 06-22-2012, 09:44 PM