Need redirection, can't find the answer anymore
I have recently read a post about something similar but can't find it anymore. Sorry for the possible duplication. I am running a computer on Vista 32 bit with 2 x GTS250 cards. I have upgraded the driver to 301.42.

I decided to create a series of short attacks to test every Oclhashcat-plus attack modes (-a) with a series of different password length for each mode. I will eventually post this as a tool in the forum but basically, you take the passwords, encode them in the hash type (-m) that you want to test and run the attack (basic attack file and dic file will be included). Now the problem... I have tested this on OClhashcat-plus 0.07 and everything gets cracked perfectly. On 0.08 and 0.081, it cracks only a couple. If I run the attack again, it cracks a few more (new ones, --remove is present). I can do this a couple of times and crack some more up to a point where it does not crack anything anymore (more than half of the hashes are left to crack). This was done for plain MD5 (-m 0). What changed between 0.07 and 0.08 that can cause this?

The post that I remember was about skipping some hashes and I think that the solution was to replace some kernels but I am not sure. The kernel used in my case was 4318/m0000_a1.sm_11.32.cubin.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Need redirection, can't find the answer anymore - by mastercracker - 07-13-2012, 03:13 AM
What I think is a kernel bug - by mastercracker - 07-17-2012, 06:38 PM