Agilebits 1Password support and Design Flaw?
Hey Jeffrey,

thanks for your honest words, I appreciate it. This thread somehow created more attraction that I've expected. Even more since the reason for me to add 1Password keychain was "just to learn" AES. Maybe I'll take a look at your new algorithm once its released but my priority is currently to add TrueCrypt.

About the speed, what you see is GPU not CPU. oclHashcat-plus runs on GPU's not CPU's. Due to the fact that oclHashcat-plus implements both the PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA1 and the AES-CBC on GPU there is actually 0% CPU load while cracking. I'm always trying to not overload the CPU with calculations so that the user is still able to use it for other tasks like watching a movie or playing games while cracking. This is why it's important for me to not create any load on CPU and oclHashcat-plus is currently the only cracker I know that is capable of this.

The speed is not 3.000 keys per second. It's 3.000.000 keys per second. Yes, 3 million! And its on 1000 iterations but it supports 10000 or 100000 or whatever. The iteration count is configured in the hashline. Speed and iteration count is linear. With 10000 iteration (current default) you would see 300.000 keys per second. I just decided to use 1000 since other benchmarks use 1000.

--
atom

Messages In This Thread
RE: Agilebits 1Password support and Design Flaw? - by atom - 04-16-2013, 06:40 PM