Catalyst 13.1 Installation Issues
So, I'm pretty sure I'm missing something ridiculously simple with as long as I've been spinning my wheels on this, but I keep getting errors after driver installation on the latest The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) release. I've searched various forums, and the closest I've seen to my situation is thread 2222 here with eljolot's walkthrough - but he's on different architecture.

System as follows:
  • Debian 3.7.2-0+kali6 x86_64
  • AMD 7970
  • AMD FX-4170

I have followed eljolot's instructions to the letter (or at least, disregarding a few typos he made made and architectural differences) and got a positive output after installing, but I receive the following error when attempting to run clinfo, fglrxinfo, or my aticonfig --initial:

Code:
clinfo: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenCL.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

My research suggested this was due to incorrect linking of the openCL libs; to that end, I attempted to create a symlink for /usr/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1 (and /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so.1 on another installation attempt) but I continue receiving the error.

I followed this up with a manual install of the AMD-APP package package after further investigation; no change.

Since I'm clearly not making any headway, I figured it was time to seek outside help. Any assistance at all would be greatly appreciated. If I need to provide provide any further information, just let me know.

Cheers.

Messages In This Thread
Catalyst 13.1 Installation Issues - by obsidian - 06-06-2013, 04:51 AM