Hashcat vs OclHashcat - Netntlm v1
(10-07-2013, 06:17 AM)epixoip Wrote: the fact is, there are quite a few things that will be faster on cpu than on gpu, even if you have a top-of-the-line gpu.

But not for the problem of password cracking? Correct? And the GPU should certainly not be 40x slower as is the case in this example.

Maybe I am naive but I don't believe the capability of the GPU/CPU is the reason for such a huge difference in speed here.

I guess the point I am trying to push here is what I talked about in my first post on optimization of NETNTLM which allows hashcat to get higher speeds on NETNTLM (MD4+DES) then on NTLM (only MD4)

I was wondering if the same optimization has been done for oclhashcat. I was hoping to get the opinion of some one who works on the code. Is that only atom?

I believe due to the vulnerabilities in MSCHAP and PEAP esp. over wifi NETNTLM is an extremely important algo (dare I say more so then NTLM) to optimize and I would be putting in a request for this if oclhashcat has indeed not got the same optimizations.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hashcat vs OclHashcat - Netntlm v1 - by mailmuncher2000 - 10-07-2013, 08:06 AM