cudaHashcat on Tesla
Hi all,
Recently I have been desperately trying to get cudaHashcat 0.15 to work on a Tesla 2075 to no avail, hence I decided to open a thread here and see if anyone can help me.
I have installed and fully updated Ubuntu server 12.04.3 LTS on the machine. At first I tried installing the official 319.60 driver from NVIDIA but after lots of trouble to get it work, just as I ran the cudaExample0.sh on the machine, some info about temperature triggers and stuff were printed on the screen and before any computation began, the OS went into some of kind of kernel panic and everything stopped. The screen still accepted my keystrokes but didn't actually apply them and the only way out of it was a manual reset. I could reproduce the exact same behavior without exception.
Then I tried the driver from Ubuntu's repository (319.xx) even though I had read somewhere that it doesn't support Cuda since it is reverse-engineered and everything. After installing it, I tried the same example but to all my surprise, I noticed that the script ended without printing any info or doing any computation or generating any errors. Same happened when I ran the main binary file (cudaHashcat-plus64.bin). Thinking that it must be because the driver from the repository doesn't actually support cuda, I gave up on it.
Later I discovered that Nvidia also has a newer driver (325.15) but after installing it, cudaHashcat showed the exact same behavior as the driver from Ubuntu's repository did, the example scripts/main binary just opened and closed without producing any type of output. I even tried the official 319.60 driver on CentOS but again the same behavior as the last two examples: cudaHashcat simply opens and closes without producing any output.
So, if anyone has experience with running cudaHashcat on Tesla GPUs, I'd really appreciate if you help me resolve the issue.

P.S. Yes, I know that Nvidia's gpus aren't at all suited for this type of application, I'm just running a test at the moment.

P.P.S. I just tried cudaHashcat 0.14 on the 325.15 driver, this time the first scenario occurred and the whole machine went down...

Messages In This Thread
cudaHashcat on Tesla - by maftul - 10-28-2013, 11:48 AM
RE: cudaHashcat on Tesla - by radix - 10-28-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: cudaHashcat on Tesla - by maftul - 10-28-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: cudaHashcat on Tesla - by radix - 10-29-2013, 09:47 AM
RE: cudaHashcat on Tesla - by maftul - 10-29-2013, 02:31 PM
RE: cudaHashcat on Tesla - by maftul - 10-29-2013, 05:10 PM
RE: cudaHashcat on Tesla - by maftul - 10-30-2013, 05:27 PM
RE: cudaHashcat on Tesla - by philsmd - 10-30-2013, 06:15 PM
RE: cudaHashcat on Tesla - by maftul - 11-02-2013, 08:18 PM