Build specs - another request
Awesome! Thanks forumhero, I appreciate the reply.

I read through your thread and checked out the nice picture of your motherboard that you included. From what I can tell without my prospective motherboard in hand, I should have about that much space between cards. The three PCIe 3.0 x16 slots on the ASUS z87 motherboard are not evenly spaced. But the minimum spacing seems to be about the same as what I see in your picture - a PCIe 2.0 x1 slot and a row of capacitors. I haven't found any schematic diagrams to allow me to measure this stuff accurately, so I'm stuck with eyeballing. The third PCIe 3.0 x16 slot is well away from the other two, so there should be good flow through there. If anyone knows of a site that lists measurements like that, I'm all ears (eyes).

Also, the R9 280x cards are scarcer than hen's teeth right now. It seems like everyone is out of stock. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. But if anyone else is interested in comparing the third party non-reference flavors of the 280x, I found this article helpful:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/rade...,3655.html

Based upon that, I'm leaning toward the Asus model (R9280X-DC2T-3GD5-V2) instead of the Sapphire Vapor-X.

Messages In This Thread
Build specs - another request - by Eltanin - 11-29-2013, 01:45 AM
RE: Build specs - another request - by forumhero - 12-04-2013, 06:32 AM
RE: Build specs - another request - by Eltanin - 12-05-2013, 06:20 AM
RE: Build specs - another request - by Eltanin - 12-06-2013, 06:02 AM