Brutforce too slow? / Increment-Problems [Solved]
The thing is: All this is part of a small script I am writing that should -in theory- make launching hashcat a little easyier. And to be a little more flexible, it asks the user to define the charset which will be used as said custon charset -1. That is also why I want to stick to a ?1?1...-mask if possible.
Now I have provided a 8x?1 mask at the end, since -as you have also mentioned- the minimum lengh is always 8 characters, but if I set increment min to a higher value, it still complains that the mask is too small. Seeing your example now, I'd assume that the provided mask always has to be as long as my value for increment-max, right? So if I have min=9 and max=12, it would be 12x?1 and then cut down by hashcat for each new step.

Oh sorry, I was tired back then Big Grin So I have to set the accelleration (-n) to a low value (32 as it has been recommended here) and the loops (-u) to a high value such as 4096. Although I will set this the way you recommended, I am curious what those settings exactly do and why it is the best to set them in such a way.

Sorry for all these questions and problems, but (obviously) I am quite new to all this. ^^'
Thus thank you all for your kindness and patience Smile

PS: If you like, I can provide the whole script (.bat since I won't get hashcat running on my The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)-Partition, but that's another story ) as soon as it works fine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brutforce too slow? - by radix - 01-07-2014, 11:30 PM
RE: Brutforce too slow? - by unix-ninja - 01-07-2014, 11:34 PM
RE: Brutforce too slow? - by philsmd - 01-07-2014, 11:43 PM
RE: Brutforce too slow? - by n0hero - 01-08-2014, 01:14 AM
RE: Brutforce too slow? - by epixoip - 01-08-2014, 06:23 AM
RE: Brutforce too slow? - by n0hero - 01-08-2014, 07:01 AM