how do i stop duplicate characters brute force
Hi,

I have searched high and low, near and far but i can't seem to figure out how to disable duplicate characters in row when brute forcing my hash or if you can disable say more than 3 of the same character in a row, i briefly read about the -q command but straight after it they said it doesn't work with hashcat.
The advantaged it would be it will be significantly quicker this way knowing there are no duplicates

The problem incase i made it sound confusing

disabling 2 or more of the same characters in a row but allowing to used again as long as its not next to the same character
AABCA
ABBCB

disabling 3 or more of the same characters in a row but allowing to used again as long as its not next to the same character
AAABCDA
ABCCCDC

I am using cuda hashcat 1.31 for windows

If its easier to do it in a linux OS i could do a side by side install (would rather not) i do have a old laptop with linux on it but its lacking any sort of processing power

I am more than happy to read up on it, i just don't know a specific phrase to search for, it would be much appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction

Thanxz in advance

Messages In This Thread
how do i stop duplicate characters brute force - by cpt pewpew - 01-06-2015, 09:39 PM