Done my research, now I need a review. 20 GPU cracking cluster.
(02-12-2016, 05:11 AM)mamexp Wrote: First, there is failsafe system you can use. Its not always an off the shelf product.
Watercooled data center has been available for years now. Lots of your concern has been addressed. 

Alo the term watecooling is very general. There are actually  lots of methods but since the medium of heat exchange is liquid, the term watercooling is used.

With a right setup changing a failed part in watercooling is as simple and quick as changing an air cooler.

Yes, there are datacenter specifically designed for water cooling. Does not mean you can place your water cooled rack in any datacenter and hope they are fine with it. They're not.
The reason to use water cooling in datacenter is the problem of air conditioning and the ability to reuse the heat and not let it waste off.

But with hashcat it's always about GPUs and there is no proper solution to cool 8 GPUs safely over a certain time without any problems. With air cooling in a usual server chassis with 8-12 fans you cannot go wrong. Then again water cooling is more expensive, way more complicated and less reliable.

So I'm still missing out why someone should use it. Any suggestions?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Done my research, now I need a review. 20 GPU cracking cluster. - by Flomac - 02-12-2016, 08:18 PM