Wordlist with rule generation (-g), performance decrease in 3.10 compared to 2.01
I understand there's a bit of a performance decrease to be expected when using rules+wordlists on some hash types in hashcat v3.00+ ( as per atom's comments here ) but I wanted to verify if the performance hit should be as large as what I'm seeing or if there is a misconfiguration on my part.

The commands being run are as follows [truncated]:
Code:
oclHashcat-2.01>oclHashcat64.exe --gpu-temp-disable -m 1000 hashes.txt rockyou.txt -g 1000000
hashcat-3.10>hashcat64.exe --gpu-temp-disable -m 1000 hashes.txt rockyou.txt -g 1000000

These have been tested with "-w 3" and some light fiddling but the results always end up quite far apart in performance. [screenshot link below, also attached]
Left: oclHashcat-2.01
Right: hashcat-3.10
http://i.imgur.com/IDgHdlw.png

.png   hashcat_2v3_wordlistPlusRules.PNG (Size: 28.85 KB / Downloads: 9)

Everything else is in line with other comments on the forums where 3.00+ is faster in both bruteforce and wordlist-only modes.
If there are some commands I can run to provide additional information or test particular parameters please let me know and I'll gladly throw them up.

Messages In This Thread
Wordlist with rule generation (-g), performance decrease in 3.10 compared to 2.01 - by Arlaine - 09-10-2016, 12:59 AM