Estimated time difference using --increment vs. mask length?
(11-10-2016, 09:24 PM)v3rd1ct Wrote: I already looked at the wiki/faq, you pointing me back there is not helping.
It's not about looking, it's about reading.

(11-10-2016, 09:24 PM)v3rd1ct Wrote: The input mode mask is:

Code:
Input.Mode.....: Mask (?1?2?2?2?2?2?2?3?3) [9]

I already set..
?1 = ?u?l?d!@#$

What is the default character set used for ?2 and ?3...

What would be helpful if you could answer my question instead of sending me back in a loop.

Before you point me back to other links, I did read everything related "Hashcat mask" and I am still confused, as such I came here looking for answers not links.
Still, you need to actually read, I don't post links for fun and giggles, it's because you people keep asking the same questions, so we try our best to compile all the answers in a FAQ (you know, not reinventing the wheel and shit).

I have also another pro tip about links, I myself spent quite some time on the Internet, and know some things, when you follow a link, it leads to a page, and sometimes there may be more links on that page, leading to even more answers.

tl;dr:
Go on the link I posted in my previous post (reminder: https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=fre...s_it_doing) and read even only the first line of that paragraph, there is a link which leads to the answers (yes you can even follow it).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Estimated time difference using --increment vs. mask length? - by Xanadrel - 11-10-2016, 10:07 PM