How do I configure hashcat to crack a lost password?
(02-07-2017, 08:35 AM)epixoip Wrote: Hashcat is indeed the correct tool for the job. However, you aren't going to win any favors around here by skipping out on reading the documentation. You've done your homework up until this point, why stop here?

You never know, I could have gotten lucky there and saved myself that time but I agree with you when you put it like that. I will go throuh the documentation later today and have a go, its probably better as I got some problems when trying to run hashcat with graphics drivers and such. Also - not sure if that 7-zip tool that extracted the hash worked either as hascat complained about the hash with some classic error messages. I guess I write this since you are right, learning hascat is better as I need to solve theese problems aswell.

Alright epixoip, I will update this post in 1-3 days when I have the time to try this and I will do my best to figure it out myself. Hopefully I can answer my own questions in this thread by then Smile

Ok, have a nice day... til next time! Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I configure hashcat to crack a lost password? - by steinhaug - 02-07-2017, 09:03 AM