Is it possible to crack a salt from hash with or without cleartext?
(03-24-2017, 10:47 PM)Xanadrel Wrote: I don't even get what you don't understand here, if you figured out it's just about switching plaintext/salt.
After that it's just a matter of basic hashcat usage, go look a bit at the --help and check the wiki.

Also, don't be a bitch, it's not about "acting all high and mighty", it's more about not doing hand holding, and end up with dumb users lamely copy pasting commands.

Got a brain ? Use it.

What I'm not getting is how I'm supposed to tell hashcat that I want to try <hash>:<wordlistword> and do a bruteforce of that.

For your information I'd suffice with an explanation as to how it's done, not a command excerpt.

Now I've figured out how to bruteforce the salt if the cleartext is given, but I've asked for further help as to how I would go about to use a dictionary to substitute an unknown cleartext and how I would go about and do that.
If you don't know, fine, either write so or don't write in the thread at all. But if you're only aim is to act tough because you don't want "dumb users lamely copy pasting commands", please leave my thread.

Got humility? Use it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to crack a salt from hash with or without cleartext? - by dadver - 03-24-2017, 11:18 PM