Hashcat Utilities List Cleaner
(11-20-2011, 04:39 PM)atom Wrote: when i started with hashcracking i thought exact the same way.

Ahh...well...great minds and all that !! Big Grin

Thanks for the tip about that huge dictionary, I will be playing with that one for some time !! Smile

I sort of understand what you are teaching me but I forgot to mention I am pretty much always talking about WPA when I am here as that is my main interest.

Your technique is very good for user passwords on domains, websites and I suppose everyday logging in. This is where the user chooses something simple because they have to type it in everyday.

This is in no way a criticism or in anyway trying to belittle what you do but they are, to be fair, easy targets. I believe and I have some evidence to back this up that when people choose a WPA password they are in a different mindset altogether. They seem to understand that they only have to type this WPA password once or twice and then forget it. So they do seem to make an effort to pick a good one ! This is why I perhaps seem difficult on here because I am chasing a different target to you.

In your example I am sure the result would be in the list anyway, which is another reason I am trying to make unique password lists to try to reduce that. The rules in this case would probably have worked against you as you would have duplicated a common password. This is what I am trying to avoid by actually having a single instance of a “base” word and then performing common mutations on that source word. This being toggling case, pre fixing suffixing numbers and such like. Using the rules to the degree you were doing in your example would more than certainly duplicate many passwords, which is a speed killer especially with WPA and also probably producing many words that are just random.

Grinding through WPA PMK’s is a slow process as you are well aware so if I can reduce duplications to the maximum I will !

As I say, I bow to your superiority in this field without question, but do you see where I am struggling with this ? Am I going way off target with my ideas ?

Oh and referring to your …

Quote:honey@gmail.com

That was very …. r'3ri3i$f$a$lsfc Big Grin

If you get bored one day and feel like a bit of coding I hope you think about this request again, I do think there is some merit to it especially where lines that contain non printable ASCII are concerned.

Thank you very much for at least reading this and replying, Smile

Messages In This Thread
Hashcat Utilities List Cleaner - by Hash-IT - 11-20-2011, 02:06 PM
RE: Hashcat Utilities List Cleaner - by atom - 11-20-2011, 04:39 PM
RE: Hashcat Utilities List Cleaner - by Hash-IT - 11-20-2011, 07:00 PM
RE: Hashcat Utilities List Cleaner - by c4p0ne - 11-20-2011, 07:00 PM
RE: Hashcat Utilities List Cleaner - by Hash-IT - 11-22-2011, 02:05 AM
RE: Hashcat Utilities List Cleaner - by Hash-IT - 11-22-2011, 04:51 AM
RE: Hashcat Utilities List Cleaner - by atom - 11-22-2011, 05:33 AM
RE: Hashcat Utilities List Cleaner - by Hash-IT - 11-22-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Hashcat Utilities List Cleaner - by Hash-IT - 11-23-2011, 01:25 PM
RE: Hashcat Utilities List Cleaner - by Hash-IT - 11-24-2011, 05:27 PM