Boosting hashcat performance with YouTube
(05-16-2017, 06:36 PM)epixoip Wrote: This is all surely related to power management, power states, and clock rate. I would say your GPU is not properly tuned, but I'm honestly not sure how to properly tune a GPU within Windows. It looks like you have Afterburner, is there nothing you can do with it to set PerfLevelSrc, Clock Offset, etc?

If the lax performance was constant I would agree. But as mentioned sometimes it happens after hashing away for a few hours, sometimes it runs perfectly.

As you may have noticed, I disabled temp-management in hashcat. Sometimes it works great, other times it feels that there's no need to speed the fan up until temp limit has been reached, and then it runs full speed until temp drops 1 degree below limit, and then it idles the fan again. So whether it's the card itself that is a little wonky, or maybe it just doesn't play well with my 5 year old AMD Mobo/APU combo.

Either way, I'll have a look into tweaking settings, and see if anything can be gained from there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boosting hashcat performance with YouTube - by illyria - 05-17-2017, 05:58 PM